Sunday, December 7, 2014

Joy to the World


When I bought this distressed mirror at a garage sale last summer for $2, I wasn't sure what I would use it for, but I just loved it! I decided to decorate my dining room buffet a little bit differently this year. So this seemed like the perfect time to use my mirror!

  
I bought a "J" and "Y" in the craft department at Wal-Mart and some silver metallic spray paint. 

 I spray painted both letters and let them dry. 
 While my letters were drying, I set to work making a burlap bow with a glue gun and some scissors! First, I cut strips of burlap to be the size I needed for my small wreath.
 Next, I hot glued the two ends together.

 I repeated the process, but made the next burlap strip slightly smaller.
 Next, I wrapped a small piece of burlap around the bow part and hot glued it on. Then I added the tails.


Next, I hot glued twine to each letter and tied a piece around the wreath. I hung them all from my mirror, added a mercury glass Christmas tree from Pottery Barn, and an old reindeer I spray painted years ago. I love this natural and simplistic look that I ended up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment