Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Bathroom Transformation


The Bathroom Transformation


 For years (nine to be exact), I have wanted to paint this old oak cabinet and give it a fresh look and new knobs! Finally, I decided to just do it! I was thrilled with the results.  I could not find a picture of our exact vanity from our house. I found this picture online and it is a pretty close replica!


 My dad put down this white ceramic tile not long after we moved in. It replaced a yucky brown and tan linoleum. The tile looked great for years, but eventually it began to crack due to our old, slanted house! We ended up discovering a DuraCeramic tile that is white with gray marbled. Instead of a traditional, straight pattern, we decided to do a "brick" pattern on the floor to make the room appear wider!

 I decided to replace the shower curtain too in the remodel! Love this adorable, gathered shower curtain from Target.

 Like I said in a previous post, the bathroom was the only room we did not paint when we moved in our house. The stripes were endearing and I loved them, but after nine years, I was ready for a change. This beautiful grey was found by my mother-in-law at Lowe's.

 Not much besides the paint and flooring was changed. I still love this towel rack, and it is perfect for storing our towels in this small room.


Hard to believe this is the same light fixture, right?!? I removed the old globes, spray painted the fixture in a metallic oil-rubbed bronze finish, and replaced the globes. What a change! The total cost for this update was under $10. Below is the spray paint that was used.


No comments:

Post a Comment