Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It's as Easy as A-B-C

 
It's as Easy as A-B-C

Making these adorable framed pictures was a fun, yet easy task!

Step 1

Purchase coordinating scrapbook paper based on your color scheme. I purchased a book from Wal-Mart that had several different styles, but they were all similar colors that I wanted (mostly reds and blues).

Step 2

Go online and search for the images that you want. I wanted an airplane, a boat, and a car. I then copied and pasted them into Word and made them the size that I wanted. Next, I printed the images and cut them out. mycutegraphics.com has some great picture for FREE!

Step 3

I then traced each of the images onto the backside of the scrapbook paper I wanted and cut them out. I used different papers to add details. For example, the airplane wings are a different paper than the airplane body. I glued all the parts together to form the shape I wanted. 
Step 4

I wanted light blue as my background so I printed "is for" on three pieces of light blue card stock. Don't have the colored card stock that you want? Make a rectangle in Word and change the color to fit your needs. Then print! (It uses a lot of ink, but will be worth it)
Step 5
I found a font in Word that I wanted the letters "A", "B", and "C" printed in. I then made them a very large size and printed them. Then I cut each letter out and traced the letter (reversed) on the back side of the scrapbook paper that I wanted. Next, I glued the letters onto the light blue card stock.
Step 6
Lastly, I glued the airplane, boat, and car where I wanted them. Then I placed them into a frame and hung them above Henry's bed.



This was a really inexpensive way to add art to Henry's bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment