Sunday, February 23, 2014

Office Chair Transformation





If you are like me, you have an old functional (but not cute) office chair that you sit in day after day at work! Well, this summer, I found an adorable idea on Pinterest to create a new look for my boring office chair. This took less than 45 minutes to complete and requires no sewing!

What do you need to pull of this great look? 
  • About 2 yards of cute fabric (will vary depending on the size of chair)
  • A staple gun
  • A screwdriver
  • A big paper clip

 Now these steps may vary depending on the type of office chair that you have.


For me, the first step was to unscrew the top part of the chair off of the base with a screw driver. I could not get the two pieces on the top part to separate, so I improvised. I stretched and cut the fabric for both sides of the top part (leaving extra fabric to go inside the creases) and used my big paper clip to "stuff" the fabric on both sides. I first stuffed the front side. Then used my second piece of cut fabric to stuff the back side. I have been using this fabulous recovered chair since August and have had no issues with the fabric coming out of the creases.

 Next, I put the fabric over the bottom part of my chair and cut it according to the size I needed. Then, I flipped the chair over and used the staple gun to staple the fabric in place.

Lastly, I rescrewed the top part of the chair back into place and VOILA! Love the look of the new chair! It really brightens up my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment