Monday, June 23, 2014

Refinished Patio Chairs




When we finally finished our patio in our backyard, I knew I needed/wanted to refinish a set of chairs that we have had for a few years. One was from a garage sale, and one was from our neighbor who no longer wanted it! I had a vision in mind of a Tiffany blue color! I am thrilled with how they turned out! As with all projects (at least with me), they tend to take longer than I would think!!


 




As you can see from the above "Before" pictures, these chairs need ALOT of TLC! So.... I borrowed a sander from my dad and set to work! It was a HUGE pain to get all the paint off and took much longer than I had anticipated! Maybe you are like me? I just thought if I used an electric sander, the paint would just chip right off..... turns out, I was wrong! I got most of the paint off and then used a primer before using the beautiful blue.

After priming each chair with a white spray paint primer, I set to work to get the blue on the chairs. I used the color "Ocean Breeze" and could not be happier with how they turned out. I love turquoise and hot pink together and decided to do hot pink flowers in my backyard to add more great color! I love being in our backyard now!
























No comments:

Post a Comment