Thursday, February 5, 2015

The BEST Hot Chocolate EVER




When I was at my friend Jenny's house about a month or so ago, she made the best hot chocolate that both of my kids just inhaled!! I asked her for the recipe, and she told me that it was on the box of the Hershey's Cocoa. (Did any of you know that there was a fabulous recipe on there??) I followed the recipe, and my kids are now asking for it all the time!

I am not a chocolate fan, but the rest of my family sure is! Hershey's refers to this recipe as "Perfectly Chocolate Hot Cocoa". My family agrees!

Here is what you need:
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of Hershey's Cocoa (yes, the unsweetened kind)
Dash of salt
1/3 cup of hot water
4 cups of milk (I used almond milk)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Marshmallows for topping (optional - well not in my family!)

Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt in saucepan. Stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Stir in milk and heat. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Top with marshmallows and enjoy!

This is a perfect treat after playing in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment