Saturday, March 15, 2014

Chocolate Smoothie



Chocolate Smoothie


I know I am not the only mom who struggles sometimes to get her kids to eat their vegetables! Well, Briton and I created this delicious chocolate smoothie that Henry requests almost every day! The measurements are not exact, but they are pretty close! This makes two very large smoothies and one small one. 

In a blender, mix the following ingredients:
  • About 32 ounces of Vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
  • A large handful of kale or spinach
  • A five second squirt of honey (I'm so precise, right?!?)
  • A scoop of protein powder (optional) (We use Trader Joe's Vanilla Protein Powder or Dr. Mercola's Banana Protein Powder).
  • 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (optional)
After the above ingredients are fully blended, add:
  • Frozen fruit (I used blueberries today) (I add enough until I can see it over the milk mixture.)
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment